Saturday, May 20, 2006

Deeper Depths

Deeper Depths
As I continue to pursue God, Truth, Jesus, and freedom I’m finding two things; plenty of opportunity to do so and strong resistance within myself. Indeed at times I find myself surrounded by many mountains, unable to understand, change, and take simple steps of progress. The juicier tidbits I will not yet disclose at this time but a small example is trying to pray for 15 minutes a few times a day. It doesn’t always happen. Let me talk about prayer for a little bit. I pray for everything from the salvation of others to myself having a better language ability as well as healings for those afflicted and restoration for many things..even occasionally for my receding hairline which I’m still waiting on, but it’s not exactly breaking my faith. Also, I praise Him for many blessings which I can’t deny. But I believe prayer is the beginning of many movements so I’m attempting to increase it. I will admit openly I’m a man dissatisfied, just like the dude in Psalm 17:15. I’m convinced there are greater things in store for anyone who walks by the Spirit in the will of God rather than after the traditions of men and comforts. “Am I fully able and willing?” I ask myself..as another hour ticks by and I’m still playing Connect 4 versus the computer..and down 10-1. I’m trying to be. I’ve got another year left here. It’ll be squandered if I’m not. As far as these mountains go, they’re not meant to be climbed nor struggled with. According to the Christ, a little bit of faith can cast a mountain into the sea..it’s the dose I need. So there’s dissatisfaction, but there’s peace. There’s a war within, but there’s hope for a new man. There’s a dying daily, but what remains is the soul with the fat trimmed off. All prayers are appreciated; for myself, for the K-STAN church, for my host family, for my students and teachers I work with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home